Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Trip to Illinois July 15-21, 2010

On the 15th of July, I took off for Illinois to pick up my Mom. Mom and Aunt Shirley had driven back to Illinois after Aunt Shirley's visit to Nebraska. They had quite a trip with car troubles in Peoria, but they made it safely to Sparland.

On the way, I stopped in Lincoln for an overnight and had a chance to see Rhiannon and Teague. Teague wasn't too interested in pictures but, I did catch him playing with Rhi before bed.

Driving alone isn't one of my favorite things to do, but I got along just fine. I wouldn't be afraid to do it again.

Aunt Shirley's flowers - hibiscus

Morning glories

While we were there, we went to my cousin's (Ralph & Betty) anniversary celebration.
Mom ran into this hitching post and broke her nose when she was a girl. She was racing someone and she was going to win. She will be 90 in September this year and it's still there.

Mom
Mom & Aunt Shirley
Aunt Shirley fell while Mom was there and had to have major surgery on her leg with plates, screws and a cable. Sounds terrible, but she is on the mend. Aunt Shirley has been the greatest Aunt anyone could have. Without her, our Christmases and birthdays would have been missing presents! Love you, Aunt Shirley. Get better soon!

No comments: