Monday, March 17, 2008

A few days with Aunt Shirley in Sparland, Illinois

On the 3rd leg of our trip, we went to see my Aunt Shirley in Sparland, Illinois. She has always been my favorite Aunt. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have had much in the way of presents at Christmas and birthdays. She still gives neat gifts to my grandkids and ME, of course!
This is the road down the hill from Aunt Shirley's. It was a beautiful snow.

Mom and Aunt Shirley are ready to go out for supper. Don't they look nice.

Aunt Shirley, Mom and Aunt Row were visiting before we had supper. They are the only ones left in the Vincent crew. Aunt Row is a sister-in-law and she was married to my Uncle Sonny. There were 2 boys and 12 girls.
Linda and I spent quite a bit of time together whenever I went to visit Grandma & Grandpa Vincent. It has been a long time since we laid out on a blanket to get a tan.

We have another Anita in the Vincent clan. I met her husband Willie Evans for the first time when we were there. Willie is 6'8" tall. Anita's mother and I are first cousins.





No comments: