Rod and I had quite an anniversary. It started with our wedding picture in the Wauneta Breeze on Thursday, announcing to everyone that we will celebrate our 40th on June 20. We have received a bunch of really neat cards. I think the whole weekend was a cooperative effort by our family. We are so blessed with wonderful parents and awesome kids. Am I biased? YES!!!! We went out for supper on Thursday night at the Texas BBQ. I had way more than I could eat, but take home containers make nice leftovers for the next day.
I didn't need a new ring, but I got one anyway.
Sunday morning Rod surprised me with signs that he had made. He had his Mom, Marjorie paint Grandma Joy's Bike Path on them. They will go on each end of the path that we have made along the fence line so Maycee and Ashton can come see me without having to walk or ride their bikes on the road!When we got to church, there was a bouquet of a dozen red roses on the table to honor our anniversary. Pastor Marshall even made us go up front and put us on display.
After our Barnabas supper at church on Sunday evening, Marty and Renee came over with Maycee and Ashton and gave us a picture that Renee had designed with our wedding picture, a current picture and a poem. Thanks again, Renee
We have had a lot of wonderful memories over the last 40 years and we thank the Lord for each one of them. I wish my Dad could have been here for our celebration, but he is celebrating in heaven this year. Thank you to all of our family and friends for making our day so special!!






1 comment:
Glad you had a great anniversary! We love you!
Post a Comment